Sunday, January 29, 2017

The Bed: Haiku and Prose poem

The light from the sun
It wakes me up, but I’m stiff
I don’t want to move

As the days go by it gets harder for me to leave my bed. I want to stay in my warm blanket, whether it’s cold or hot. Especially on warm days, I find the sky as blue as I am. However I must move, for I have things to do. Beyond this room are buoyant voices that dance amongst the yellow and red leaves, which fly against the stale wind. Appealing music that is now prosaic, and a constant reminder of a lost nostalgia. The mothers and friends are all smiling, but it’s not a reflection of myself. The longer I am away from my bed, the sooner I want to go back into it. So I run back into the soft cave, and think of the leaves, the music, and the faces. The beauty beyond this bed waits to be found, but I don’t have a map to find them. I lay in my bed, and I feel stiff. I don’t want to move, but I must. I must move to find the map of what lies beyond this bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment